At Manchester Jelly you are free to come and go at any time from 9am – 6pm. We’ll have tables & chairs to work from, super-fast Wi-Fi, Tea & Coffee and some other friendly folks to meet.
- Lots of those annoying little IT questions that slow us all down got answered instantly by the more IT-savvy attendees.
- Often there was a buzz in the room as people chatted, sometimes in small groups, sometimes the whole room. At other times there was complete silence as we all cracked on with work.
- I was genuinely less distracted there than when I work from home – I couldn’t go do the ironing/cooking/cleaning/shopping because I was ‘at work’.
- Someone sneezed (bear with me!) and someone else said ‘bless you’ – when you work on your own day in day out you don’t get that feedback – it put a smile on my face anyway (yes, yes, I may be nuts).
- Some attendees asked for advice on things (e.g. how their new website was looking, how to deal with a difficult client, what social media they should be using etc) and got instant honest feedback from like-minded people.
- Having lunch with people – what a treat that was and made a change from my usual bagel & jam lunch at home sat at my laptop not actually having a break….
- Someone offering to make me a cup of tea – I’m telling you it was the little things that mattered most!
- Meeting people who I’d had conversations with on Twitter/Facebook and finally getting to meet them and having time to have a ‘real’ chat in person.
- I got through a lot of my admin that I always put off (mainly my accounts!) – come on admit it, you do it too…..
- Sales pitches
- Aggressive “networking”
- Loud Music
- Embarrassing group activities (such as group ice-breakers)
…and this is what will happen at Manchester Jelly:
- Meet interesting professionals
- Free Tea, Coffee & biscuits
- Informal chat
- Receive and give help
- Happy times!
Do you have any questions about what to expect or what’s allowed? Leave a comment below and we’ll respond ASAP.